Skip to main content

RUMInating in Lockdown


(Pre-scriptum - Not publishing any pictures lest it should look like one of those spammy sites - Imagine a girl with stretched arms in a sunflower field or a woman musing in the backdrop of a forest, I feel like that now). 

When we were hit with the news of Covid, we all figured it was something short- lived. We continued life as usual, we thought we knew a global pharma company would come up with a cure. We figured there was something happening in the background to combat and cure this so none of us ever prepared ourselves to what was about to happen! I am surprised like the rest of you that we acclimated ourselves to the Lockdown and its consequences. We stopped shopping, we stopped meeting friends, the customary TGIFs, the coffee dates, we adopted to social distancing, things we thought were necessary or important are no longer our priorities. Who would have thought there would be a drastic change in the way we lived and interacted? And more so who would have thought we would be okay with this change (not some of the buttheads who think this is a political conspiracy, am I right Florida?)? So it goes.. 

This lockdown period has allowed me more time to think. I am not speaking in terms of time management but the ability to think internally, introspect inside without saying it out loud or having my environment affect my thoughts, the nature and flow both. Have you wondered how sometimes just the people you re around, just their presence impacting your thoughts a certain way? Maybe the thought was about something gloomy but have you seen how it changes if someone around you is making a joke and laughing? You do not even have to be involved in a banter with this person, even if they are around and laughing, do you not see a change in your own mood? The quality of a thought can be enriched positively or negatively by the environment you are in. So this lockdown has given me my space and time to think internally and am happy to report, so far without any influence, I am enjoying the thoughts. 

I have been musing a lot now about things and places, about birds and eras, about people and love, about companies and products and a lot more. These musings have been a byproduct of a suddenly industrious mind. I have the ability to bucket, park and pace my work – professional or personal, physical or psychological. I am able to pick some of the sounds, views which would generally be as we put it “running in the background” and appreciate them a bit more. The thoughts about healing of Earth and the ozone layer, of the birds and animals being able to run wild (quite literally) without any human or human manufactured interruptions, the spirituality associated with a cloudy sky, with the refreshing rains and the warm mornings. 

Despite being holed-up in the confines of my room, I feel strangely empowered from within. An implosion of sorts – its not for display, its not for others. Its created for me within me, a democracy of my soul. My room feels like a beautiful olfactive island, rich in colors - the bed spread, the table cloth, the different colors of my books in the library unit, my clothes in the wardrobe, the whatever little art I am able to make for the walls, the vision board. The colors forming a white light beam that is mostly reflective of the imploding happening inside. 

Ahah! Yes, I hear your smirk , yup yup, can hear it loud and clear. I don’t know if its to do with how my introverted side is able to explore and shine or if it is a short lived phase akin to experiencing some wild crazy high! But the fact of the matter is and remains that it is wonderful to see nature around me blooming and how my soul is hence able to grow branches in ways I wouldn’t be able to explain. 

The summation is it’s a beautiful world. We don’t have to have routines, we don’t have to have to do socializing, we don’t have to juggle between introversion and extraversion, we are by ourselves now and its an exquisite time to reflect upon our inner worlds and thrive on the strengths that have long lied inside untapped. Try it .. Give more power to yourself and the nature around you, you might just end up feeling a lot different than how you did when the initial shock of Lockdown set in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steven Eckholdt – The most Hate-able Person on TV

Ok so it’s not about his personality to start with, but the characters he has played over the years, that have made him the most hateable TV person on my list. I know he is handsome and totally metrosexual – looking, but hey, nobody coerced him into playing the two worst characters on Television. So here goes, the “ that third guy who broke the cute couple up” roles he played: Mark Robinson – FRIENDS: Who doesn’t remember his character Mark Robinson from FRIENDS? We all hated him, when he got Rachel an interview at Bloomingdale’s, we hated him when Rachel hugged him leaving Ross cold after her interview, we hated him when he got her Chinese food right after Ross & Rachel’s situation which later got very famous as the “we were on a break” scene, we hated him when he told Rachel he had a huge crush on her but didn’t act upon it because she was with Ross then, we hated him and this was the last nail in the coffin– when he took Rachel out and hurt Ross (Unintentional?

The Most Important Groupies of All Times

The Rock n Roll storm of the 60s was a much needed revolution in the music history which gave us many great bands and musicians the world segments as “legends” today. While we are all well aware of how much this time period was unequivocally the best time to “be discovered” in the music industry, I wonder how many of us truly notice what kind of opulence being discovered led to.Money – check, villa – check, vanity, private jets – check, fame – check, women – check oh check! Women – as musicians were a small group compared to the behemoth group of male musicians in the 60s and the 70s. Pattie Smith, Stevie Nicks and a handful more made their mark in the male dominated music industry. Also behind the veil were the groupie clan that slowly and steadily made their ways into the rainbow lives of artists – satisfying the egos and “other things” these men were “in need” of. Being a groupie was more than legitimate if these girls (also men, yes there were male groupies also ) were of

Jodie Sweetin is back, you guys!

Three and a half years ago, I wrote a post about Jodie Sweetin and other child stars who went through traumas growing up. Little did I know, Jodie would be back with a bang! Because Full House is a syndicated show and I possess all 8 seasons of it in my hard disk (Thanks Susie !), I am frequently re-watching the show to kill boredom (or to feel good that I was born to a beautifully calm gen). And also I am a very huge fan of Stephanie Tanner that it border-lines on obsession sometimes! I was always keen on seeing where the girls of Full House would end up as grown-ups. And like most of the child stars of 90s, Hollywood wasn't generous on them. While Jodie and Candace continued to act, Andrea Barber left the whole scene to go live a conventional house wife life. I dont want this to look like a biased opinion of a Jodie loyalist, but she was special. She was not only a Grade A actress, but also a talented dancer and singer. You can see snippets of her dancing on the show in